Monday, February 8, 2010

I was convicted of a felony but i later found out the witness used a false name, can I ask for a new trial?

You were found guilty no matter what name the witness used. I don't see where you have a chance at a new trial because of that. Please check with your attorney.I was convicted of a felony but i later found out the witness used a false name, can I ask for a new trial?
Each state has a provision for obtaining a new trial based on ';newly discovered evidence.'; There are several limitations on the claim, and it applies only to evidence that would probably have altered the outcome. In most cases, a different name, standing alone, would not have altered the outcome. A different name that worked to conceal that the witness was a career criminal or habitual snitch, or something like that would be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment