Thursday, February 4, 2010

If a former client who filed a chargeback and lost continues to send e-mail under false names can I sue?

I had a client who issued a chargeback for services rendered and a month later, contineues to make up false e-mails and harrass, pretending to be prospective clients and also posing as a bbb worker. I need to know if I have a case with this if I can prove it's her? She gets very abrupt and offensive and starts child like name calling, whilst posing as a prospective client....any Lawyers know about this??? I am in VA, she is in NJ. (I run an online service)If a former client who filed a chargeback and lost continues to send e-mail under false names can I sue?
I agree with nicelady, You need to save all your


e-mail messages and you can use them as evidence, also you may be able to find out the IP address of the computer, she is using. This should give you the evidence you will need. The IP address should be somewhere back down the line on the messages. You may have to hire an expert to run down th IP address. That should be enough evidence to prove your case. Your server, (who you use for your on line connection) should be able to help with the IP address.If a former client who filed a chargeback and lost continues to send e-mail under false names can I sue?
yes, u sure can sue if they are harassing u or making up false emails pretending to be prospective clients, that's called identity theft, which is a crime. However, it is very difficult to prove, so u need to gather good physical evidence against this person, in order to win ur case in court. Good luck.
  • Contagious rash
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment