Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do all the false claims, name calling, and total lack of substantive issues make it tough to read y/a politics?

I do not mind an occasional joke, or some stupid questions, but as we get closer to the election, is the level of stupidity going to get higher and higher?





Thanks, As Always!





BTW: I am NOT new here.Do all the false claims, name calling, and total lack of substantive issues make it tough to read y/a politics?
Yes. I'm on board with the occasional joke or silly stuff. I may even sometimes post something I think that the board might find humorous or even ironic.





But I remember that leading up to the last election that it just got plain dumb. By election day, John Kerry was eating babies and serving them with Cr猫me br没l茅e. I mean it just got so absurd that I stopped posting for several weeks.





Out of 20 questions 15 of them would be from a Shriaz clone. I noticed that activity dropped off to nothing after that episode for a long time.Do all the false claims, name calling, and total lack of substantive issues make it tough to read y/a politics?
It's the stupidity.





Too many people are too clueless about history, economics, geopolitics, science, the Constitution, etc, etc.





Too many people seem oblivious to the facts, and seem to hold feelings and campaign propaganda in higher regard than objective truth.
Short answer YES.


Why oh why can't politicians just tell us what they will do to improve our lives and not harp on about how bad the other guy is. I want to hear how you wil work to benefit the country not how the other guy is a cheat or whatever the latest buzz is. The political junkies on here only perpetuate the drivel and spew forth garbage.
When all you have to work with is an empty suit and Race, then you must resort to low ball tactics to destroy your opponent.





Look at all the non issues discussed about Palin.





Have Biden's health record's been released yet?





Is Biden a heartbeat away from another stroke?
yea... but what else can you do? I'd prefer to have an honest intelligent conversation about politics but everyone is so entrenched in their opinions and focused on putting down the other guy that your only choices are too avoid the site or crack jokes yourself.
It make it very difficult for me. The double standards, the rant and mud slinging. It actually makes me despise Politics. Because of this stuff, I can't wait for the election to be here and gone.
Anyone here for ';true'; political insight are only fooling themselves. I'm here for the comedic value only and I would suggest you do the same......
We're used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment