Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it legal to give someone a false name?

I know a lot of people have nick names but is it legal to introduce your self with a false name. Lets say I want a girl for a one night stand I tell her my name is Jason dove but my real name is Mike Zagnut. Im not planning on committing any crimes I just dont want Her to find me again is that legal.Is it legal to give someone a false name?
it only becomes illegal when your are requested to provide your name for law enforcement, gov't etc.





Other wise you can tell her your name is Ben Dover and she won't care.Is it legal to give someone a false name?
The first guy is right. Unless she has a lawful reason to find you, then no, it's not illegal. If you exchanged money, then it is illegal. However, just introducing yourself to strangers with a false name is not illegal... unless that stranger is a cop or something. For fraud protection, I go by a name that is similar to my real name, but not quite. I might also introduce myself with my family name (the last name that a majority of my family has) in order to establish connections. My family name carries a lot of weight. People know who my family is, so if I want something, I will introduce myself as First_name Family_name as opposed to my real name. It can be an ice breaker, too. I'll say my name, the say, ';Oh, are you related to William?'; and I say I am and they talk for about five minutes, blah, blah, blah, and they feel more comfortable with me.





So, ';false'; names can be very useful.
Well now, you must have a reason for not wanting her to find you again... if you're planning on giving her a baby or an STD, I believe that a court could see that as a crime to give her a false name...





Don't do anything that's going to come back and bite you in 10 years.





Otherwise, no it's not illegal.
If you take money from her, it's illegal. Otherwise, it's just canine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment