Monday, February 8, 2010

False name on prescription medication?

My mum has recently got a repeat prescription of a medicine I used to use for my sister. This was got completely without my knowledge. I would like to know where I stand in this situation and what can be done to prevent it happening again.False name on prescription medication?
So let me see I'm understanding things..so your mom basically put a repeat prescription through for your medication without your knowledge? it isn't the Drs fault..If anyone, your mother has been dishonest. The way to prevent this in the future is for yourself not to leave your prescriptions laying around and for your mother not to do such things without your consent and give medication to someone for whom it has not been prescribed to. This is of course dangerous.False name on prescription medication?
If u reports it, which is the only way to legally prevent this from happening again, the ur Mum may face charges and her Dr. certainly will. The dr. could lose his licence to practise.


If u talks to ur Mum she could scare her into not doing this again but if authorities get involved and they wish to take it really far then u could be charged with being an accessory in the crime by not reporting it when it can be proven that u knew.


An anon letter to the General Medical council could deal with the Dr. without implicating ur Mum.
It is not clear exactly who did what to whom. I am however fascinated that despite the lack of detail and the complete lack of suggestion that the doctor was in any way complicit in whatever it was that has happened, katrina_marchant felt the need to suggest that the doctor be reported to the GMC, for what???????

No comments:

Post a Comment